The Municipal Wharf was the sixth and last wharf to be built in Santa Cruz. Pictured here is the cargo ship Roanoke at the wharf dedication in December of 1914. Although built for shipping, it wasn’t long before the wharf was used mostly for fishing and tourism. The Sentinel’s Focal Point photos and captions are provided courtesy of the Capitola Museum. For more information on the museum, visit www.capitolamuseum.org or call 831-464-0322. Capitola Historical Museum collection Subscribe to Home Delivery and SAVE!