ESCONDIDO, Calif. (AP) — A fire at a mobile home in Escondido has killed a 5-year-old girl, left an 11-year-old boy in critical condition and injured seven other family members.
The San Diego Union-Tribune (http://bit.ly/2ivy7hW ) says the blaze was reported at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
Fire Chief Russ Knowles says an electric cord leading to a Christmas tree may have sparked the fire.
Some people were trapped inside and others got out through the home’s windows.
Get news headlines sent daily to your inbox
Knowles says arriving firefighters also broke a window to rescue people and quickly knocked down the fire, which gutted the home.
click here to read more.