One child died and other family members were injured in an early morning fire that ripped through their Escondido mobile home.
An older brother of the girl who died was rescued from the flaming house and hospitalized in critical condition, authorities said.
The blaze may have been sparked by an electric cord leading to a Christmas tree, fire Chief Russ Knowles told reporters.
The fire was reported about 12:30 a.m. at Greencrest Mobilehome Park on West 15th Avenue and Hill Street.
Some family members got away from the fast-moving flames while others were trapped inside, authorities said.
click here to read more.