Did you get so wrapped up in the gift-giving holidays that you have forgotten to plan how you’ll celebrate New Year’s Eve?
You could ring in 2017 with a snow-capped Tahoe adventure, at a festival with family in tow, in a club or concert hall, or by finding a quiet activity. Here are 17 things you can do to make the most out of the last day of 2016. All events are on Saturday, Dec. 31.
1. 17th annual New Year’s Eve Sky Spectacular: Live music, food, kid-friendly activities and, of course, a fireworks finale. 6 to 9 p.m. Old Sacramento waterfront. Free. 916-808-7777. nyesacramento.com
2. Sacramento River Train: Three-course dinner, live music by the Gary Mendoza Blues Band, sparkling wine, dancing and a leisurely train ride through the Sacramento region. 8:45 p.m. 400 N. Harbor Blvd., West Sacramento. $65-$100 adults. sacramentorivertrain.com
3. Rockabilly/swing gala: Doll yourself up and dance to the Twilight Drifters: 8:30 p.m. Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8762, 905 Drever St., West Sacramento. $25. eventbrite.com
4. Bike or jog: Plot out your own 1.7-mile run or 17-mile bike ride on one of area’s scenic trails. Want help plotting out a path? Try a site such as traillink.com.
5. River cruise: Navigate the Sacramento River, sipping champagne to music. Via an outdoor deck, there will be a spectacular view of the Sky Spectacular fireworks show in Old Sacramento. 8:30-9:30 p.m. L Street Dock, Sacramento. $15-$31. 800-668-4322, ext. 8. hornblower.com
6. Tommy T’s Comedy Club: Laugh to the stand-up comedy of Earthquake,…
click here to read more.